Thursday, February 5, 2009

I wait

I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.  
Psalm 130:5

What is His word to you this morning?  Have you already gathered your daily manna, and tasted its sweetness?  The heavenly food lies thick around you, for the Lord has strewn the pages of His Word with promises of blessedness to those who wait for him.  And remember, his slightest word stands fast and sure; it can never fail you.  So, my soul, see that you 'have a promise underneath thee', for then your waiting will be resting, and a firm foothold for your hope will give you confidence in Him who has said, 'They shall not be ashamed that wait for Me.'                                                    -Sussanah Spurgeon

Yes, Lord.  I come and wait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment