Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ramblings

The funny thing is that as I sit here, starting to ponder what I was going to write about today, I started to title this post Monday's Musings...  pretty cute (although, I'm sure it's not an original)... the only problem is that it's not Monday.  I think I somehow lost a day with yesterday being a holiday.   

Last Wednesday we left for five days in Garden City, Utah for a little family vacation.  It's always so nice to get away for a few days with those you love and call me crazy but I always love going on road trips with the kids.   We spent our days around the swimming pool, watching the boys play volleyball, reading and relaxing and we threw in a couple of field trips for fun.    It felt wonderful to come home though...   

Brent's Grandma is not doing very well health wise and may be entering the final stage of her journey here on earth.   She has moved rooms where she lives and they sent out an email to all of her grandchildren to email a family picture so that they can put them on the bulletin board in her room.  This morning found us with the tripod set up in the back yard trying to get that perfect picture.  Oh boy, is it hard with six different people in the family, four being children.  


The camera started off on the wrong setting... oops!



Take one... nope.  Take two... nope.  Take three... nope.  


We finally got the one.  Yay!!  
... but now blogger is not wanting to add anymore pictures so it will have to wait.  :)

We have a sweet friend from Church that will be taking our family pictures for us in two weeks and it made me realize that I really feel pretty sorry for her.  She's going to have to take SO many pictures.    Mom... Dad... Kim... can any of you come help????  I know, I know we are sadly alone on this one.  

All the boys have been talking about today is having an apple smear.  A nice, clean game they want to play.   Other then that, I have so many thoughts swirling through my head right now that it's hard to think of writing anything deep.  

So for now, here are some ramblings...   

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute Cares...so many things going on in your life at the moment! We are praying for Grandma...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know where Garden City, Utah is- and I live there! (In Utah, I mean!) We were probably within hours of each other! It sounds like a lovely time, and I so enjoyed the candid shots of your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete