Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Life's Work

A talented woman was asked by a friend, "Why have you never written a book?"

"I am writing two" was the quiet reply.  "I have been engaged on one for ten years, the other five."  

"You surprise me!" the friend said.  "What profound works they must be!"

"It doth not appear what they shall be," said the woman, "but when He makes up His jewels, my great ambition is to find them there."

"Your Children?"

"Yes, my two children.  They are my life's work."
 From Elisabeth Elliot


4 comments:

  1. WOW...what a great quote. What book is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Carrie, you know I love her writing and her spirit...but you have 4 books now don't you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quote, so much. Love Elisabeth Elliot, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,
    The Shaping Of A Christian Family by Elisabeth Elliot. I'm really enjoying it and will pass it on when I am done. :)

    ReplyDelete