Friday, November 5, 2010

Our week in pictures...





This week has been absolutely beautiful. Right now the temp outside is 68 degrees and tomorrow has promises of being in the 70's. So often this week I have found myself questioning if the calendar really reads November. How can it only be a couple of weeks until Thanksgiving?

I know that we need to vacuum downstairs and some laundry is waiting to be folded. I've promised a sweet little girl that we will make some cookies today. Yet, we slowly find ourselves creeping outside. I think I want to be outside just as much as them. I quickly grab the little one and some knitting and go to join the others out under the sun. I know that soon our days will be colder, snow will sit on the ground and we won't be as anxious to open the door and walk out. So today I let the other things sit. It's good to just sit and watch, letting my heart store up these moments, letting myself breath deep, and to laugh and play.

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118:24

It's been a while since I've done "a week in pictures". I grabbed the camera today as I sat outside and enjoyed the beauty.



::: this chair calls my name so often :) :::


::: trampoline fun :::


::: the breathtaking view :::


::: a little one ready to go explore :::


And now it's time to go make those cookies and fold that laundry. Have a wonderful weekend, friends.

5 comments:

  1. No, No, No, I don't want snow! O.k. maybe a very slight dusting for the holidays but really this weather has been so incredible and your dad is so happy....maybe you can have snow just at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok sorry about that I was singed into out other account! I am so glad that you are having such beautiful weather! We went from warm to really cold. We were in the low 40's today and had our first snow flurries and hale. I love how your trampoline is in the ground! Such a neat idea. It was wonderful getting your email! Hope your cookies turned out well! They sound wonderful!
    Blessings!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookies sounds like fun! It has been typical November weather here. Cool, but not cold. I love it! I don't like snow and I don't like the oppressive humidity we get in the summer so this is perfect. :-) (Love the skirt swirling out while she jumps on the trampoline. Gotta love girls and their skirts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. friends of ours have their trampoline like yours. =-) We are having the same amazing weather. Love the photos and I can see why that chair calls your name. =0)So glad you are enjoying your week.

    ReplyDelete