Tuesday, July 20, 2010

living a song

Maybe it is the time of year, maybe it is the fact that we do have five little ones right now, maybe it is just that season of life... I don't know, but all of the sudden the questions seem to be coming. Questions on homeschooling. And how we do it with five children.

The questions have been good.

It's caused me to slow down and share our journey. To stop and ponder. To reflect on His goodness.

I want to bring those thoughts here... I want to record what we are doing and what works for us in this season...



:::

It all starts with Him.

Mornings in the Word, maybe reading a verse as I sit down to feed a sweet little girl, listening to a sermon filled with the gospel as I do dishes. Filling my mind with His Word. His promises.

Walking in prayer. Praying as I fold laundry. Crying out to Him as we go on a walk. Oh how I desire, to be in constant communication with my Father.

We need Him and that's where I want to start.

I know that it is Him that has called us as a family to homeschool. I am not entering this journey blindly. I know there will be hard days and hard seasons but I also know that this is the best thing for our family. So, I cling to His promises.



When I am weak then He is strong.




I want to, I have to, there is no other choice, it is my desire... and so I Walk with Him... Cry out to Him... Stand on His word... and let Him fill.

It's a daily journey. It's an hour by hour journey.

But He is faithful. Oh so very faithful.

2 comments:

  1. And so the legacy, the inheritence continues on in you and yours. Praise His holy name for His calling, for His yoke, for His strength.
    May He reward you all as you diligently seek Him, His will and His way for your family.
    With a humble and grateful heart for His calling on you my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Carrie. Thank you for this reminder to make HIM the center of all we do. Life without Him is so meaningless.

    Thank you for sharing your love for our Creator and your passion to make Him "your everything!" May we, us mothers and our families, diligently seek Him each morning.

    Love & Hugs to you my dear sister in Jesus. You are a blessing in my life!

    ReplyDelete