Tuesday, March 2, 2010

to think... three months old

Oh, my sweet little one, you are so precious. God has been so good to us. To think you are three months old already makes me want to sit down and hold you just a little bit longer. You are such a peaceful little baby and bring so much joy into our lives.

...sleeping in Daddy's arms...


We are looking forward to all of the tomorrows... the boys can't wait until you can walk and talk and I know the girls can't wait to do girly things with you. It will be such a privilege to see the girl and woman that you become, to see love and passion flow through your hands. Oh, to see you walk with a gentle and quiet spirit and to love God above all else... there will be no greater joy. But we are going to treasure today. The smiles and little laughs. The cuddles. I only know how fast the days will go and all too soon you will be celebrating your first day of school or your tenth birthday. Each and every minute is a gift. So, today I am thankful that I can sit down and hold you for just a little bit longer...


9 comments:

  1. Love the picture, Carrie. So sweet. :)

    I love your new blog header, too. Is that country field the view from your yard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those last two sentences. And what a sweet picture of your darling little girl! So special to have them fall asleep like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, this is so precious. What a beautiful, beautiful mommy heart you have! And, I love the new blog design too my dear friend! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog header and the colors etc...so nice!

    What a sweet post! Amen! What a good prayer for our daughters!

    Thanks for sharing, Carrie!

    Blessings!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I was surprised at how quick I could make a banner. It'll be fun to make more.

    I love your view. We are considering moving out east more to get further from the city. We would move today, if we could!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have said it before, and I will say it again, I love your posts!! You have the most beautiful way with words and your love for your children just shines through! I hope it's ok, I mentioned you in my latest post and borrowed a quote you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so thankful for you, your hubby and each dear grandchild. What a privlege it is to watch them grow and be a part of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popping by to say "HI!" Carrie! Your little one is too precious for words, and is the absolute joy of your Mom, I know!! Your header is precious, too!

    Have a joyful Thursday!!
    HUGS,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete