Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fresh Yumminess...

After searching and searching, testing and trying to no avail, we have finally found a whole wheat bread recipe that we all love!   It was actually a recipe that my mom used when I was a toddler but that has not been used for years.  As autumn came upon us she decided to pull the recipe out and make some fresh bread by hand.  I have since made several loaves in our bread machine, letting it do all the mixing and kneading and then pulling it out to put in a loaf pan and let it bake in our oven...  
:::
Here is the recipe:

1 Cup Water
1 1/2 Tbs Oil
1/2 Tbs Salt
1/4 Cup Honey
2 3/4 Cup Unsifted 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tbs. Active Dry Yeast

Place ingredients into bread machine.  When finished shape into load and place in greased bread pan.  Cover with towel and let rise until dough begins to lift the towel.  Allow for 1/3 of the rising to take place during the baking.  Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.  If using a glass pan, bake at 350 degrees.
::: 

I love the smell of fresh bread floating through our home...  enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Makes me hungry-your house always smells so good. I plan to make some on Friday to go with a new Meat Loaf recipe I'm trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Eric wants to know when it will be our turn with the bread machine - I will trade you for the sewing machine privelages :) hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, this sounds yummy! If only I had a bread machine...and it weren't so hot here to bake. Maybe I'll try it when the weather gets cooler. Thanks for sharing! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds wonderful! Can I bake it in my bread machine too or does it require an oven to bake? It would be easier for us than heating up the house - we're in So. California and having a nasty warm spell. :(

    ReplyDelete