Friday, November 7, 2008

A quiet Friday afternoon...


The house is quiet and clean right now...  Both of the girls are taking their naps, the boys are over at Grandpa's working on some projects and I'm enjoying some quiet time on the couch with candles beside me and a cup of hot chocolate in my hand.  I've been able to enjoy some time in His presence, seeking Him, asking Him to fill me with His peace - a peace that passes all understanding...  His love - a love that overflows... His joy - joy exceeding... His life - life abundantly...

This is the day which the LORD hath made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

The week has been full...  last weekend our Church had a conference and an old family friend came to stay with us.  I loved getting our home ready for this young man.  He was to sleep in the boys room so the boys were able to help with preparing it for him... they cleaned their room and bathroom while I washed sheets and towels.    

So between having a visitor, homeschooling, time at Church, a hubby that's been very busy with work, a friend that needs to talk and the joy of seeing our close friends welcome a new little one into their family via adoption...   The days are full and rich.    

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.  Psalm 34:1

The last week-and-a-half or so I have so enjoyed reading Leslie Ludy's new book Set Apart Femininity and while it is written for those in a different season of life there has been so much that I have been able to glean...  I don't know where to even start...  I think my mind is still trying to wrap itself around all that the Lord is teaching me.  
Why do we stop short of the incredible vision of radiant, set-apart femininity He desires to showcase in and through our lives? Because we don’t truly grasp our utter helplessness; our absolute desperate need for all that He is. We don’t understand that apart from Him, we have nothing, we are nothing, and we can accomplish nothing. We are still looking within ourselves to find beauty and strength that can come only from Him.    

The secret to becoming the radiant, beautiful, alluring, lily-white princess... is forgetting all about self and becoming completely consumer with only one thing - Jesus Christ.

She puts that challenge out there in the first 1/4 of the book and then goes on to show you how to live a radically different life...  one seeped in Him.   Lord help me, I want more of You.
I'm sure I'll be posting more quotes from this book in the coming weeks.  :)

Enjoy your weekend my sweet family and friends...

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Don't forget I want to borrow the book.
    Love your writing and of course your photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie!
    I love the peaceful nature of all of your posts. This sounds like a good book. Thanks for sharing it!
    Have a nice weekend. :)
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I want to read this book! It sounds wonderful. I LOVE your family picture, by the way.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete