Friday, October 3, 2008

It's amazing...

I can't believe it has been two weeks since I posted this post.   We've been enjoying our backyard... the boys have made a fort out of moving boxes, they've been climbing some small trees (which I think gives their Nana a heart attack :) ) and the cooler but sunny days have found us sitting out there doing school or enjoying a picnic lunch.   We also got two bales of hay for our harvest party and who knew that they could be used for so much?  We've made forts, jumping obstacles, more forts, a place to do school, more forts, used the hay to feed our play horses at our play barn, tried to make our own stable and of course made more forts with them.    
 
My plan was to jump right in on my operation: city backyard... To come up with a plan for our back yard. I've been praying, searching, googling ideas and while I have a couple of thoughts it's been a little challenging to find the time to work on them.  So, we've just been using what we have...  The best way to do it.  :)
I think our first "real" project for our operation: city backyard will be to make a Tee Pee. It is the perfect first project as we are studying American History this year... 

In the meantime, our days have been full...  we've had the Harvest Party, celebrated a birthday and welcomed a new little niece into the family.  We've been working on school in the mornings, enjoying afternoon nature walks and the boys are working on Christmas presents with Grandpa.  Did I mention the 50 lbs of apples?  

These are good days and I would not trade them for anything in the world!



4 comments:

  1. Where did you get your 50lbs of apples? I've been looking for a pick-your-own, but with no luck. I really want to can apples this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly,
    I have searched for a u-pick apple farm too. Sadly I just got these apples at our local Safeway when they were having a great sale. We made applesauce and canned an "apple pie in a jar".

    Hope you can find some.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post my girl. Can't wait to help with the teepee...should be so much fun if we get it done before the snow comes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the late frost this spring wiped out a lot of the apples. I'll order some from the farm--they have friends with an orchard out on the Western Slope. I'd like to do applesauce and pies and spiced apples and apple butter...We'll see!

    ReplyDelete