Monday, June 30, 2008

Leading


 
The sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out ... he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. John 10:3,4


This is what we have to do, dear mother. We must not drive our children. It only leads to rebellion and defiance. We walk in front of them and lead the way. Jesus beckoned each of his disciples to "Come, follow me." In the same way, we tell our children, "Come, children, follow me. I'll show you the way to go. I'll lead you on the right path. You won't stumble if you follow me." (Jeremiah 31:9)  Nancy Campbell

How am I leading my children?  What kind of example am I leading my children with?  Can they follow in my footsteps?  


Those things which ye heave both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.  Philippians 4:9

Father, how I need you.  I need Your grace... my children need Your grace.  My hearts desire, Father, is to be able to say... those things that you have learned, received, heard and seen - do these things, follow me.  Yet, I know how many time I fail, I know the ugliness of my flesh. 

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  2 Corinthians 12:9  

I want our children, by Your grace, to be able to follow me, to follow us, as we follow You.  I want them to desire You more as they see us desire You.  As they see us walk with You, may they desire to walk with You.  

May our lives be fully surrendered, may we be fully abiding in You so that they see and desire that.  Father, help us to
... give them vision. Inspire them to greatness. Motivate them to godliness. Encourage them to dream great dreams. Stir them to fulfill their destiny which has been marked out for them before the foundation of the world. Nancy Campbell

May they go even deeper and farther then we could go.  

Transform us.  Transform them.

May Your grace fall on us like rain as we say, "Come, follow me."

2 comments:

  1. Dear one, Isn't this true for all of us, as I could say, I need more of Him today. I don't want the little ones to question Him because of my weaknesses, I want them to thank Him for His strength that is poured out in this Nana's life. May He grant us the desire to be more like Him, to walk more closely in Him and be more fully surrended to Him.

    ReplyDelete