- Help him to understand his role as a man of God. Give him strength to lead (Joshua 1:7) and a passion to manage his family (1 Timothy 3:4).
- May his delight be in your Word, placing within him the desire to meditate on Your Word day and night (Psalm 1:2).
- Prepare him to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all (Titus 3:2).
- May he receive the mind of Christ and bring every thought captive under Your control (1 Corinthians 2:16)
- Provide strong Godly relationships with other men and may they be as iron sharpens iron (Hebrews 10:24, Proverbs 27:17).
- Teach him to love me as Christ has loved the church (Ephesians 5:25).
- May our friendship grow as husband and wife (Song of Songs 5:16).
- May we be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement (1 Corinthians 1:10).
- Place within him the strong desire to teach and model a godly lifestyle for our children (1 Corinthians 11:1) .
- May he be like a tree planted by the stream of water, which yields its fruit in season (Psalm 1:3).
Praying for my girls
graphic from Allposters